Friday 11 December 2009

Radio News Report by gradski






For this assignment I will explain what I did to make radio news report. I will also include what I did well and how I could improve in the future.

I started by looking for appropriate local news stories around Surrey. Once I had found two good stories I re-wrote them in my own words. The stories I chose were about a robbery at a betting store, and a sexual exposure case.

I needed to type the stories up so that they had all the main facts in but also kept short and sweet. The way I wrote these stories were in three short but factual sentences. The first sentence I wrote was, four men are wanted by Surrey police for an armed robbery on a betting shop in Cobenham. This is because it gives all the vital information and draws in the listeners.

The next sentence explains how it happened and the where a bout’s. The third sentence is either a plea to locals or a description so it’s fresh in the listeners mind. This way if your describing how someone appearance listener remembers it better.

I could make improvements on my piece by speaking louder and more confidently. I also feel I pronounced certain words incorrect such as thieves. I can easily improve on this by practicing in the radio room and reading through my scripts more so it’s fresh in my mind. Also to concentrate my whole attention on reading the story, as during my reading I was distracted easily.

Radio is different to print in many ways. In radio you need to be clear and precise otherwise listeners will not be able to understand. The best way to do this is to speak at the right level and a slow tempo. Also to use the key points to draw the listeners in.

Whereas with print you need to explain the surroundings so the reader can picture them. Also they get a chance to re-read something if they don’t understand something.

No comments:

Post a Comment